I went to my mother-in-law's house on Thursday. She got some apples for the both of us to make applesauce (Kenna's favorite). I got to make some and take it home. Pics to come soon.
Here are the steps:
1. Wash apples.
2. Cut apples.
3. Put apples 3/4 full in big pot with 12 cups water.
4. Cook on medium heat until soft, stirring occasionaly.
5. Take the apples out of pot and separate using a _____(I don't remember, I'll find out) into 9x13 dish to catch the juice.
6. Then take the juice part and put into another pot and add 1/2 cup per 9x13 filled.
7. Cook until boils and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Fill quart or pint jars with 1/2 inch remaining on top.
9. Put on the lid and ring tightly.
10. Place into another pot full of water just to cover the jars.
11. Let the water boil for 20-30 minutes accoridng to your altitude.
12. Take jars out of pot and let cool on the counter. (make sure the lids are sealed, some will seal while they cool)
Kenna helped. She thought it was cool that we were making applesauce. She got to be a taste tester and loved it. I didn't get a pic of that, I wish I would have. I'll take one of her when we open our first jar.
How To Make Royal Icing For Piping & Flooding
21 hours ago