I just wanted to let you know that there are links to websites or pics inside the posts. It will be the pink colored words inside the post. That way you don't miss the links to click on as well. have fun reading.
There are 2 openings for the upcoming 2011 My Pink Stamper Design Team!It would be so cool to be a part of this team. Here is my submission for the challenge! Check out her blog over at http://www.mypinkstamper.com/. Click here for the challenge.
(other optional color of your choice) I chose white.
1) two 12x12 green cardstock for scrapbook page
2) Cut four strips of brown cardstock. Two at 1/2 x 12, two at 1/4 x 12 left page: on the left edge place 1/4" from edge vertically the 1/2" strip and place 1/8" from the first strip the 1/4" strip. right page: do the same on the right page but do this on the right side of the page.
3) 3x12 pink cardstock placed in the middle of the page
4) 13" white ribbon wrapped around the pink cardstock
5) Using white cardstock cut the following size rectangles: 5 1/2 x 7 1/2, 4 x 5 1/2, 4 1/2 x 5 1/2, 3 x 6 1/2, and 5 x 6. Tear all the edges of the cardstock of each rectangle. Ink the edges of the torn paper using a pink stamp pad. Place in appropriate spot according to picture.
6) cut a 5" birthday cake using the Cricutfrom the cartridge Sweet Treats and place on the right/middle of the page. I used pop dots to add the cake to the page. Make it Pop!!
7) Add clear or colored glitter glue to the candle flame and cake dots. Add some shine!
8) Cut out of white cardstock a square 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 (depending on the size of yoru stamp it may need to be a different size). Tear the edges and ink with pink stamp as before.
9) I used the stamp Make a Wish from "perfectly clear stamps". Stamp onto the square piece of white cardstock.
10) Add clear rhinestones randomly, I even added some to the cake.
11) Add balloon and streamer stickers randomly.
Side Note: You can add pictures and journaling to the white cardstock areas. (This is a gift for a family member so it's blank for now).
To cut the birthday cake from your Cricut:
1) Use white cardstock for the Cake base (cake4) at 5"
2) Use pink cardstock for the candle base (cake4-s) at 5"
3) Use green cardstock happy birthday (cake4 layers) at 5"
4) Use pink cardstock for the cake dots (cake4-s layers) at 5"
5) Use yellow cardstock for the candle flame (cake4-s) at 5"
6) Use confetti vellum to cut cake base overlay (cake4) at 5"
7) Attach all pieces together.
I really hope you enjoyed the project. I think it's very cute.