CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Links Inside Posts

I just wanted to let you know that there are links to websites or pics inside the posts. It will be the pink colored words inside the post. That way you don't miss the links to click on as well. have fun reading.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Boot Cake--Crystal


Adam's brother Billy turned 15 on Sunday. His mom wanted me to make a boot cake for his birthday as a suprise. I used the boot cake pan from Wilton (Catherine already had it) and used a chocolate fudge cake mix. I then frosted it with a thin layer on white buttercream as a crumb coat. Then I used chocolate buttercream icing on the boot and regular buttercream for the rest. I used yellow for the sun iced smooth. Then star tip 16 green for the grass. Then added detail in red for the boot. I then added black to the chocolate icing to add the the detail for the bottom and top of the boot. I then used tip 12 and added red, green, and blue balls for the accent around the edge.

Billy liked it. He thought his mom wasn't going to bake him a cake for his birthday and was sad. When we came over with the cake he didn't see us walk in with it and said he didn't know why we came over, there wasn't any cake. Then I told him to look on the counter and he was stunned. It was great. Catherine loved. It turned out pretty good for my first cake without help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment