CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Links Inside Posts

I just wanted to let you know that there are links to websites or pics inside the posts. It will be the pink colored words inside the post. That way you don't miss the links to click on as well. have fun reading.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Freezer Jam--Crystal

Yesterday we made Strawberry Freezer Jam. It was so easy to make.

All you need:
*Strawberries-4 cups
*Freezer Jam Pectin-1 pkg.
*Sugar-1 1/2 cups
*Ball Freezer Jars-5 or 6 8oz jars








  1. Cut strawberries. Then smash the strawberries. I used my meat grinder for my Kitchenaid mixer. Worked really well. Otherwise use a hand smasher.




  2. Mix sugar and pectin in a bowl until blended well.




  3. Add four cups of smashed strawberries. Sitr until well blended for 3 mins.




  4. Ladle into the freezer jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let set for 30 mintues to thicken. Then put into freezer.




Refridgerate up to 3 weeks. Freeze up to 1 year.


It was fun to smash the strawberries in the meat grinder. It worked so well. I really liked that I didn't have to cook the strawberries and then boil the jars.

I made a double batch. The recipe said you only needed 5 jars, but I think since I used the grinder it made more. I think it's because there was less volume. If you use the hand smasher it wouldn't get the strawberries so smashed. So I needed more jars. That's fine with me. More stuff to have.

I also bought more strawberries then needed and ended with enough to make another batch. So I had 8 lbs of strawberries to begin with. I used almost all but 2 cups of the smashed strawberries. So I ended up with 19 jars of jam. That should last us a while.





1 comments:

Amy K said...

I am so jealous of your kitchen aid attachment. Where did you get it? If you lived close I would ask to barrow it. It looks like it would make canning a lot easier!!!

Post a Comment